Saturday, February 2, 2008
Dance Like Nobody's Watchin'
Everyone has heard that saying, but how often do any of us actually heed it? If there were more time in the day, and I had a willing dance partner, I would dance quite frequently. Today, however, I was afforded the treat of watching my Kenzie dance as if I weren't watching her. I had tuned in to the E! Channel's broadcast of "That Thing You Do" (a favorite movie of mine), and Kenzie liked the music enough that she was twirling and spinning and jumping around, always in time, and in the most creative of ways. She was even snapping her fingers. A dancer, that one. She sometimes just dances without any music or she hums her own tune, and refers to it as ballet. She emotes as she dances, and is rather expressive for her nearly 8 years of life. I remember doing things like that when I was her age. She reminds me a lot of myself back then, when I had not a care in the world. When all hurts and sadness could be cured by a kiss from my mother. While I sometimes miss those days, I would not trade the days I have now, where my kisses are the ones that cure all hurts and sadness. I also wouldn't trade these days because of the times when we turn the music up very, very loud and we all dance around, being silly, having fun, all of us being kids. I highly recommend that, if you haven't lately, dance like nobody's watching.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment