Sunday, August 3, 2008

Beaches - Straight Ahead (Y'all)

That's a sign my beloved and I saw a lot of on our trip to Gulf Shores last week(except for the "y'all" part) . If you think B-town has bad traffic, go to the beaches of Alabama. Instead of 2 lanes and a suicide lane, they have 4 lanes and a suicide lane, and it moves slower than B-town it seems. Ack.

I have so much to tell, but may just have to put my beach stories in more than one post, as there is just too much to tell in one post. It was my first time to ever see the beach or any body of water larger than a lake. Yeah, yeah, technically it's the Gulf, but it's still ocean to me. So vast, so great, so overwhelming. I saw that water and sand stretching on for miles, and felt so small, so insignificant. There is so much creation that God made that I've not personally witnessed in my life. Thank goodness for the Discovery Channel, eh?

Anywho, I will get around to divulging the details of my adventure as I have time. Right now, I'm processing all of the details, savoring them, sorely missing the beach, the water, and my beloved. One thing I can tell you right now is that the rolls at the Lambert's here are MUCH better than the rolls at the Lambert's in Foley, AL. When the Okra Guy heard I was from Branson, he seemed awed that I hail from THE home of the throwed rolls. Heh. I told him my concern about their substandard rolls. He was going to pass along that information. Right.

More later, y'all.

1 comment:

Alana said...

Glad you had fun and can't wait to hear more. There is something about seeing the ocean that gives you an amazing perspective on life and just how Big God is. Amazing.