Tuesday, March 18, 2008

When Somebody Loves You

When your heart is all alone,
every second seems so long.
When it's just you, you can't see through
Those ol' clouds that rain so blue.

When somebody loves you,
There's nothing you can't do.
When somebody loves you,
It's easy to get through.
When somebody loves you,
the way that I love you.

--Alan Jackson

If you've been loved or are currently loved, then you know how meaningful those words are. If you've been loved, and that love was taken away, then you especially know how meaningful those words are. If you've been loved, had it taken away, then have been given the rare opportunity for a second chance of being loved, then you not only know how meaningful those words are, but you have an even greater responsibility to not take them for granted. For 5 years, I've been alone. Oh sure, I've had my children with me, but I had no helpmate, no partner, no one to back me up or have my back. Now, I have been loved for about a year and a half (I like to think he's loved me for a year and a half now, and I'm pretty sure I loved him back then, but actually admitting that fact didn't come until about a year ago) of those 5 years. This weekend, for the first time in years, I had back up. I had support. He took up for me, supported me, and defended me. It wasn't over anything all that serious, certainly nothing to write about here, but the fact that he did that for me... just incredible. I'd grown so used to feeling so defeated at moments like that, and then there he was, in essence, saving the day. Quite honestly, that act was an answer to prayer. To many prayers, actually. He has my eternal gratitude and all my love. Hopefully, I will someday have the opportunity to return the favor. I thank God every day for the blessing He's given me in you, Ron. Thank you for loving me.

1 comment:

Kelly N said...

Ok, you are going to make me cry. Stop that! I am so happy for you! God has truly blessed a wonderful person, isn't he amazing!